Are one of many women suffering from premenstrual syndrome, or PMS? PMS is a hormonal disorder characterized by the monthly recurrence of certain physical or psychological symptoms during the two weeks before menstruation and subsiding of those symptoms when flow begins or slightly afterwards. It is estimated that 70% to 90% of women have PMS and about 20% to 40% of women have severe symptoms.
Some of Common PMS Symptoms include:
Did you know that PMS is frequently misdiagnosed as a psychological problem such as: Agoraphobia, Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorder, Panic Attack, Seizure Disorder & Various personality disorder.
Experiencing any of the symptoms? Here in New York Integrative Rheumatology Dr. Sokolova is broad certified in Clinical Science of Anti-Aging & Regenerative medicine which allows her to provide different treatment option more to suite your needs, whether its a biodentical hormone replacement therapy (BIHRT) or Nutraceutical therapy (vitamins & herbal supplementation), along with lifestyle modification and diets.
You can take steps to significantly ease your symptoms. If you have a mild or moderate form of premenstrual syndrome, the treatment options you can try might include:
- Drinking plenty of fluids to ease abdominal bloating.
- Eating a balanced diet to improve your overall health and energy level, which means eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and reducing your intake of sugar, salt, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Taking supplements, such as folic acid, vitamin B-6, calcium, and magnesium to reduce cramps and mood swings.
- Taking vitamin D to reduce symptoms.
- Sleeping at least eight hours per night to reduce fatigue.
- Exercising to decrease bloating and improve your mental health.
- Reducing stress, such as through exercising and reading.
- Going to cognitive behavioral therapy, this has been shown to be effective.
Many women, how ether, need detailed evaluation and supervised treatment to get results they want.
Dr. Sokolova do it for you and can help you to start living a happier and healthier life.